First things first, wishing you all a very happy, healthy, and prosperous new year 2023.
As a recap, 2022 has been the most happening year for .NET MAUI:
- Preview and RC releases in the first half
- Then SDK went stable in May during the MSBuild event
- And then VS tooling went stable in August alongside the Focus on .NET MAUI event
- Then two RC releases on .NET 7 with support for Maps as a notable feature
- And then GA release of .NET MAUI on .NET 7 during .NET Conf 2022
- Support for Xcode 14 and Android 13 on Xamarin and .NET MAUI
- And finally in December with a service release on both the stable channels
On the .NET MAUI front, more lined-up, service releases will continue on .NET 6 and .NET 7 stable channels and preview releases on .NET 8 (can be expected starting from February/March time frame).
The Pull Request on the MediaElement feature in the CommunityToolkit is now under review and we can expect a public preview very soon. If you would like to try the developer preview, then read this article for further details.
Hopefully, the priority issues in .NET MAUI will get addressed, and overall product quality gets improved.
On my personal front, publish more articles on .NET MAUI and Blazor and continue to add features to the existing template and toolkit packages, and introduce new packages with some exciting features.
Once again, new year greetings, and see you soon in another .NET article.